Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Lot Work", Being Led, and Baseball

It happened all day long again today. If you are unfamiliar with the car business, I will share with you the majority of sales people, myself included loathe doing lot work. "Lot work" can be defined as tying baloons on cars, lifting up hoods, moving cars around, turning cars on and off..etc..etc.

My GM likes to find busy work when we are slow, and lately is has been pretty slow at times. Today is was rearranging several cars. Normally I get really frustrated when I have to participate in this stuff, but lately all I have been doing is looking for numbers. I moved three cars. The first said 11:44, and the second 1:19...hmmm. The third one had the regular time which was 9:47.

Seeing the 1111 pattern, I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be one day at a time. Sometimes I don't like it, but I guess I still have work to do here, before I take it on the world stage.

So my friend from England calls to chat. She was struggling with some fear today. We talked for about a half hour or so. I got in my car and headed to the bank to get money for gas. Right as I pulled in the bank parking lot she said she had to go...almost like she knew. I went in to the bank, came out, and started my car. I looked at the digital clock and it read 11:11. I called her back and told her what happened.

I spent much of the mid-afternon talking to customers and doing follow up work.

I went and picked up my daughter and we went to my sons game. He had a really good game and they were winning when I left, as he sat down for the last few innings. I got in the car and headed home. Right as I entered the I-5 on ramp, I looked to my left and there was a car with a 555-(*& plate right next to me. I looked at my clock and was amazed to see 5:55.

Whats it all mean. ? We are so much more than we think we are

Namaste

blayne

No comments:

Post a Comment