Friday, April 17, 2009

808 and License plates.

I got stuck putting plates on three customers cars today. When they come in to get their hard license plates, my dealership puts them on as a courtesy. None of us like doing it, especially if its not their customer.

Salespeople will actually run the other way when they are paged to the front desk.

So today, I happened to be at the right place when three customers came in requesting us to put plates on. The only three today and I put all three on. Everyone disappears, and I kept getting stuck with the task.

On the 3rd set of plates, I waited for about a minute after the page. Figuring no one was coming to help, but cussing in my mind, I grabbed the plates. I looked down and saw 808-*&* in front of me and knew I was exactly where I was supposed to be at that moment.

Maybe soon I will wake up with my feet in the sand.

Namaste

blayne

2 comments:

  1. Explain, please. I'm clueless about 808.

    Best,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. 808 Is the area code for Hawaii. Its a "prompt" I get frequently.

    namaste

    blayne

    ReplyDelete