Monday, July 20, 2009

old aquantinces, the color red, synchronicity, 1111 phemomena and fear

Hello again. It has been a very interesting, unique, synchronistic few days to say the least!

It all began this past Saturday morning. My cell phone rang at 10:22 AM. I always look at the time. The number that came up on the display was my dealerships "call center." All incoming phone calls for me at the dealership are transferred directly to my cell phone, so I never know who will be on the other end.

I picked up the phone and the caller identified herself. It took me a few seconds to realize who I was talking too.

About a year and a half ago I was working at another dealership when I met a young man named "Jett." Jett came into the dealership to see about purchasing a car. When I made a copy of his license for a test drive I immediately noticed his birthday was 6-6, a combination of the number 11, and thus we were meant to meet. On the test drive I asked him if he had ever heard of The Law of Attraction, and the movie "The Secret," to which he replied yes. With that knowing, I told him I believed we were meant to meet. I gave him a copy of the book, "The Science of Getting Rich" before he left, and we both made a comittment to stay in touch. I even emailed him a few chapters of the book I am working on called "A Moment of Clarity."

Fast forward about three months later. My friend Jett showed up at my dealership with his mom. I thought he was bringing his mom in to purchase a vehicle from me.

She introduced herself to me and told me her full name. I recognized the name, but I couldn't figure out how. Just as I was trying to figure it all out, she told me. As her and her son were standing before me, she told me a story of how when I left The Washington State Department of Corrections Field Office in Shelton Washington, to go to Tacoma to investigate and write pre-sentence investigations, she had taken my office in Shelton. WOW!!!! Synchronicity at it's finest

So, the young man I befriended and spoke with about Law of Attraction, Present Moment Awareness, and Synchronicity three months earlier had gone home to speak to his mom about me and our meeting, and she was there to tell me about the synchronicity of her taking my office and my client caseload when I left. My jaw dropped.

She had heard through the "rumor mill" what had happened to me, and wanted to meet me in person after her son spoke to her about me.

Fast forward to this past Saturday. Allison and her son Jett were sitting in the parking lot of the dealership I had left three months prior. She said they had been sitting in the parking lot for ten minutes, and no one would tell her where I worked, because they wanted to try and sell her a car. Finally one of my good friends told her where I was, and that's how I ended up on the phone with her at 10:22 AM

She drove across the street and said she was interested in trading in her old F-150 truck for a safe, economical Nissan car. They were in a hurry to get to a haircut appointment for Jett, so I took a mental note of her wants and needs and sent her on her way.

She wanted something very safe, and something that got really good gas mileage. I did some research for her and found out her very best option was a used Nissan Sentra. Due to the monthly payment she was comfortable with, I knew a used car would be the best. I searched our inventory and found a 2008 Sentra that was a trade in with only 14,500 miles. I sat down in the car, saw 11:11 on the digital clock the first time I had ever sat in it and immediately knew this was going to be the car she bought.

About a half hour later they showed back up at the dealership, and I explained to them what I had found.

We went on a very long test drive, longer than I normally go on with my customers. Without any doubt I knew I was meant to be spending time with her and her son, not simply to sell her a car, but for something much more than I can even understand right now. During the process we talked more of spiritual matters than we did about cars. When we got back, I could tell she wasn't that excited about the look of the car. At one point she even told me she wasn't that excited about the car. I explained to her the parameters she had set on the amount of money she wanted to spend, made this the absolute best car for her.

It took about 4 hours for her and I to finally agree on price, payment, and term. It was about 3:00 PM and I could tell the whole buying process had stressed her out a bit, so I sent her and Jett on their way, so she could go home and relax and come back when it cooled down a bit. It was about 90 degrees on Saturday.

So off they went in the 2008 Nissan Sentra to enjoy the rest of the day.

At about 7:00 PM they showed up so she could finish contracting on the car. I walked her over to the business office so she could sign paperwork. Jett and I hopped in her new car to take it to fill it up with gas. When I hopped in the drivers seat, I looked at the digital clock and it was 7:17 and the outside tempurature guage was right next to the digital clock and it read 77* Here is what I saw on the display 77* 7:17. I smiled and pointed the synchronicity out to Jett. He smiled too.

She finished signing paperwork, it was late and all of our "detailers" had gone home for the evening, so she agreed to bring the car back Sunday so I could finish getting it cleaned up for her.

Sunday I showed up for work and it was already pretty busy. I spent my entire day dealing with customers who were grumpy, and overly analytical. It can be very frustrating when the dealership is selling cars, and I am not. Synchronistically speaking I think it teaches me patience, and to not be so competitive, when everyone is selling, and i'm not. It also creates fear for me because it has been difficult to make ends meet since the bottom fell out about a year ago.

Allison showed up with her Sentra to be detailed right when it was at its busiest point of the day. I started to find myself getting stressed out because I felt like I was missing out on car deals. It's funny. I know better...I know its "all" synchronicity and I know it turns out exactly as it's meant too, one moment at a time. Further, the more stress, worry and negative energy I put into anything, the more likely I am to manifest exactly what i'm "stressing" about.

So I drove her car back to our detail department to get it handled. As I was walking back to the front of the dealership my Aunt called. I answered the phone and began talking to her. She told me she had decided on what type of vehicle she wanted me to find for her. Just as she was getting ready to tell me what kind of car she wanted, I looked up at the rear end of a car we had just purchased at the auction, while I was walking and saw it was a Lexus IS-250. Just as I was looking at the "badging" on the car and walking up to it, her exact words were I think I want a Lexus IS-250 or 350. My jaw dropped again. It felt very dreamlike...like I am walking around in a dream. I shared with her what had just happened, and she thought it was pretty unique.

I had spoken to her for about ten minutes, when my general manager walked out with a young military kid, and walked up to the Lexus. He asked me if I could take the kid out and let him drive it. I agreed, and within five minutes I knew he wasn't going to buy the car. Once again because of the synchronicity that had just happened I knew I was right where I was supposed to be and just surrendered to it all. He drove the car for about ten minutes and we returned to the dealership.

While Allison's car was getting detailed I continued to try and find a buying customer with no luck. By this time it was about 4:00 in the afternoon and all the "traffic" had slowed way down. We sold 8 cars yesterday, and it all happened within about a three hour window while I was tied up doing other things...ARRRGGGGHHHH.

I went back to the detail department and found they really hadn't even started on her car because they were so backed up. I spent about a half hour detailing her car so she could be on her way. By the time I drove her car up to the service drive where she had been patiently awaiting, she had been there for about two hours. If I wouldn't have finished cleaning her car up, she probably would have been there for two more hours.

I parked the car in the service driveway and walked inside to let her know. I handed he the key and she stopped me. She had a few questions, and she wanted me to remind her to tell me about the color "red" before she left.

I answered all her questions and was about to shake her hand to say goodbye when I remembered. I said "Allison, i'm supposed to remind you to tell me about the color "red."

She began the story. She said "Blayne, when I bought this car yesterday I really wasn't sure it was the right car for me. I wasn't really excited about it, and I don't really like the color red. Somehow you sold me a red car! This morning I went to R.E.I. (Recreational Equipment Incorporated) to purchase a new back-pack. I have been looking for this specific back-pack for quite some time, and I had finally settled on this specific type. It comes in four or five different colors, I had a specific color picked out, and they were all out of that color. In fact they only had one color left.....guess what color it was?" She pulled it out of her trunk and it was red. I smiled and began to tell her it was validation from the universe she had made the right decision, and I attempted to walk away to find a buying customer again. She stopped me again and said "wait, it gets better." She then continued her story. She said, "I have been wanting this O.R. (Outdoor Research) rain hat in a specific color too. The hat comes in four or five colors. I walked into the hat section at REI and looked for the hat. They were out of every single color with the exception of one color, guess what color it was." She pulled the rain hat out of her back-pack and it was red as well. I smiled and chuckled a bit as I understood what it all meant. I asked her what all this synchronicity meant to her, and she finally agreed she was meant to end up with a red car. We talked about how funny the Universe operates sometimes, and how there are learning experiences within all of our life experiences.

She drove off and I smiled. She had gone from being very analytical and overwhelmed, sometimes "way" over thinking the car buying process, to being very content with her purchase. The universe had validated her decision, and the COOLEST part was her sharing her "red" story with me, and that it had COMPLETE meaning for her.

By this time it was about 5:00PM. The day had not been the most financially abundant for me, and all I really wanted to do was go home and rest my body. Yesterday was my 12th straight day of work, and it had taken a toll on me. I worked on some follow up to get ready for my "Monday" on Wednesday, and wrapped up a few loose ends.

I sat down at the computer at the entrance to the dealership at about 5:30PM, getting ready to "clock out." In fact I had already clocked out when a younger military kid walked into the front door and approached me. He indicated he had just been at an annual festival in Olympia called "Lakefair," and had seen a 2009 Nissan Altima Coupe, and wanted to know if he could trade his car in on one. I asked a few basic "qualifying" questions and sat him down at my desk. As I was gathering paperwork to begin the "deal" he pointed out to three of his friends/co-workers from Fort Lewis, and said his other buddy wanted to buy a used truck he had seen on our lot. I immediately saw "dollar signs."

I sat down in front of him and began filling out the credit application. When I asked him for his birth date, I had an "intuition" I was about to see something unique. In fact when I said, "whats your date of birth," I already had a smile on my face. He responded with 10-31-88. I looked up at him and laughed. I said, you probably aren't going to believe me, but Halloween is my birthday too.!!!

In the end, I pulled his credit report and two of his friend's credit report. Not one of the three had the ability to purchase a new car. Two of them already had cars financed, owed to much on them, and hadn't been paying any of their bills on time. Unfortunately, "late pays" affect credit almost as much as not paying at all. The third "friend" had decent credit but had never financed a car, had a "high credit" limit of $2000.00 on a military credit card, and wanted to buy a $25,000 truck. I tried to explain to him any bank or credit union would only loan a first time car buyer about $15,000 maximum. He indicated he was getting ready to deploy to Iraq, and would save up $15,000 and come see me for a $25,000 truck when he returned.

So, I bid them all farewell, told them all to be safe, and thanked them for their service. I finished clocking out, by this time it was about 6:30. I got in my car and headed home.

As I was driving home I was reflecting on all the synchronicity that happened to me throughout the weekend. I wanted to Blog last night because I thought I would leave out some details. I was to tired, so I saved it for tonight.

Last night Shanna, Tehya, and I decided to camp out on the back deck. I love sleeping underneath the stars, especially when its hot in the house and cool outside. I was awoken three times throughout night. Once to "pee" and twice to get something to drink and eat. Each time I walked inside I looked at the digital clock on the microwave like I always do now. The first time was 1:21, the second 3:33, and the third was 6:16.

I got up at about 10:00 AM. It was my first day off in 13 days. I had decided to work through my last weekend because I haven't made that much money this month. It worked because I sold cars on both days (Monday and Tuesday) that I am normally scheduled off.

I had to deal with some work related issues, pay a few bills, pick up my mid-month pay-check, and pick Beau up this morning. The kid has been gone for about a month in Wisconsin and Alaska seeing and spending time with both sets of grand-parents and cousins.

I stopped in at work at about noon and it was already busier than any Monday in a very long time. I had a brief thought of working instead of spending time with my family. I had told Beau we were going to go Surf at Westport when I picked him up, and for a brief moment my "fear" about not being able to make ends meet this month had me considering cancelling everything and going to work.

Shanna, Tehya, Beau, and myself ended up heading to the beach around 1:00. I relaxed on the warm sand while Shanna played with Tehya and read. Beau surfed. The rotator cuff in my left shoulder is pretty messed up, which makes paddling out a bit painful and difficult. So today instead of surfing, I just layed in the sand and took a nap.

I called one of my co-workers to find out how many cars we sold today. When he said "seven" I couldn't believe it. We NEVER sell more than a few cars on Monday. I hope this is a sign of better days in the car business to come. Not knowing from one month to the next whether i'm going to have the resources to pay bills is stressful. It makes it difficult to live in complete "Present Moment Awareness." When I miss a big day like today, especially when I know all of my cohorts are making money, it can make it even more difficult.

What I am certain of however is this. When I step back, get out of the way and "allow." The universe tends to respond better than when I am trying to control the terms.

In the end, maybe the purpose for me being in this ultra "unsure" chaotic business for the past seven years is to teach me faith, trust, and patience...in the process. I re-learn those lessons each day, when I think I am in control of it all.

To that end, I am looking forward to doing something COMPLETELY different in the very near future. I think I have learned enough about myself and others, and now I could sell ice to an Eskimo at the North Pole!!!

Thanks for letting me share. Look for the magic that IS your life. It has always been there. We haven't!!!!


Namaste

Blayne

No comments:

Post a Comment